Learn Your Spiritual Heritage
This movie is a lot of fun for people. The exciting news is that there is SO MUCH GOSPEL in that movie, and it is so well covered with popular themes that it is easy to miss the analogies! I personally think that God loves what the movie says, and wants you to realize the following points:
- Life is what it is, we think it is pretty good, when in fact we don't enjoy it, until we find out who Our Father is.
- When you don't know your heritage, when you don't know what it is that you are born to, you don't get it.
- Even when you do first hear of your heritage, you resist.
- When you are finally willing to accept that this heritage may be true, you have a lot of work to do to leave your old life behind.
- When you start to do all that work, you will find out that not only is it true, it is better than anything you have ever had before.
- Once you see your new home, you will not even want to go back to your previous life.
- Compared to what is waiting for us "in Our Father's house", life before then is very meager and petty.
- It is very hard to recognize you once you know who your Father is. You just won't be the same either on the inside or on the outside! (You may not become much prettier, but you certainly will change!)
- You don't know who your Father is when you are born. You must learn. It would be good if your family taught you.
- It doesn't do you much good to know who Your Father is, if you are not ready to acknowledge that and go to His House. You live in turmoil until you accept the truth.
- The truth about who Your Father is has it's apparent drawbacks. You will resist, because you don't want all the changes. However, the changes represent responsibilities that are truly wonderful opportunities.
- You can have power, responsibility and territory (as in Prayer of Jabez) when you accept your heritage.
- You'll love His House.
- He loves you, and wants what is best for You. He has responsibilities to all those in His care, to all His children.
- There are those that think they are better than you, that will make fun of you and your true heritage.
- Not all will be happy for you as you become more accepting of your heritage.
Movies and Books Reviewed:
- Harry Potter
Yes, I am a Christian who loves using Harry Potter to spread the Gospel!
As above, I have found this very useful for pre-teens!
- The Lord of the Rings
The books are classics, and the movies are well done!
- The Princess Diaries
My daughter and I watch this over and over together!
- Vampire Movies
These are popular, and in a spiritual way, we are all vampires!
- Saints of Virtue
This is a computer game that my children and I love to play!
- E. T.
What a great, super-popular movie and Steven Spielberg had a surprise!
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame
This is amazing in how it tells the gospel story, too!
This movie has so much to offer, here's why!
In so many ways, this movie reflects my walk with the Lord!
- Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron
The urge for freedom, the beauty of servitude.
- Star Wars (coming soon)
So many religions are reflected here, especially Judeo-Christianity!