Confusion and Christians:
Let me challenge your Theology!
Here's a series of short dissertations, that show how confusing it can be to be a 'Christian', listening to a preacher, and then looking at the world around you. I am to help people think through what they believe. Especially when they start whining about what's not happening in their life! I have been there, and know how to want to stay there, and have been pulled out by others. In fact, I will probably be there again sometime soon, so I may need to read this page just as much as anyone else!
This section is written, as is most of this site, in honor of Apostle Paul's words:
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort; who comforts us in all our affliction so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God." (Second Corinthians, Chapter One, Verses 3 and 4)
The key to the quote above is the reason as to why we receive comfort when we suffer: so that we can pass that comfort on to another who is suffering the same way. We receive so that we may give, no so that we may hog it for ourselves. This website is one way in which I give.
Another basis for this section is a scene from a movie which I love (both the scene, and the movie, actually). The movie is "The Inn of Sixth Happiness." About half-way through the movie, the once-cocky military officer admits to the wise village elder that "I am confused." The elder's response to the man-who-has-become-less-arrogant is . . . "Good. It is a sign of growth!"
Ready? Here they are by title!
- The Apostle's Doctrine (March, 2003)
- The Battle Between Good and Evil (January, 2003)
- Heaven's Boot Camp (January, 2003)
- Cancer Cells of the Body (January, 2003)
- Born Again/Saved? (January, 2003)
- Harmony in the Orchestra (October, 2002)
- Carpenter's Tools (October 2002)
- Serve the Bride or Love the Groom (June 2002)
- David Seceded Saul (May 2002)
- Personal Relationship With Jesus? Hah! (April 2002)
- Literal reading of the Bible? (March, 2002)
- The Parable of the Sower (December, 2001)
- But Coach, you don't understand!
- A Light in Darkness is supposed to be surrounded!
- How are piles of manure and ships in harbor related?
- Should we educate using mass production techniques?
- Lenses stained by blood are red!
- Who is responsible for my salvation?
- What does the 3rd commandment really mean? (Updated Nov, 2010)
- If Satan is present in your life, what does that mean?
- Are you focusing on your spiritual growth? Oops!
- Daddy, why does an iron get out wrinkles?
- Why did John baptize people?
- True, but not helpful!
If you are really ready to tackle some of your beliefs, to sift them and see what is wheat and what is chaff, you may also want to visit several other sections of this website: